~Aadil B. Palkhivala
Shiva Rea
Some things can only be explained from the hidden regions of the heart. Les petits bonheurs are all the little things that make each day a miracle. May I share my feast with you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Links
About Me
- Babette
- I live on a forested mountain with my beloved husband and our large family. Less is more, except where children are concerned. My favorite pastimes are practicing yoga on my side deck, learning how to improvise on the cello, and boating into the Puget Sound with my sweetheart.
59 comments:
I want to do yoga in a beautiful place like that! Maybe pretty clouds would make it not hurt so much...I am not as flexible as I once thought.
Very pretty. I love how sometimes yoga looks like praying.
Miz S- I'll let Babette comment on your comment. I love these beautiful videos and I enjoy being able to watch these yoginis get into their poses although I'm worried they may have neglected the sunscreen. Also, my classes haven't transitioned to fire dancing yet...hula hoop? My experise!
More stretching, eh. I see you're getting pretty good at stretching the truth, claiming "Lansing has Stevie Wonder." Let's see . . . Wonder was born in Saginaw, family moved to Detroit where he started his career, then he moved west.
Next you'll be telling me that the Spartans have a great football team this year.
Margaret~We should strive for sukha (sweetness) in every pose. Yoga teaches us that not trying too hard (on the mat and in life) can be a good thing.
Mary~Moving prayer, indeed.
Vicki~Why am I not surprised that you are a hula hoop expert?!
Dave~I was referring to the fact that Stevie Wonder attended Michigan School for the Blind in Lansing, where he studied classical piano. Did you hear about the blind man who picked up his hammer and saw?
Alas, it would not be stretching the truth to say that the SPARTANS have a GREAT football team EVERY year!
I want to learn yoga...
Did you name your cello Monti? I have a friend, who also plays cello, that named her cello Monti too...that's cool.
I believe with some practice, Chesca and I could play Obligato with Monti and you. Actaully, she and I enjoy playing Bizet's Carmen & Beethoven's Funfth Symphonie for recreational practice
Autumn Faith~
I'll take Monti cello
Out of Justin case
And begin practicing
Post-haste.
I feel so blessed to have made your acquaintance! Give Chesca and a certain little man a squeeze for me!
When I was pregnant with Hannah I bought the Shiva Rea prenatal yoga video and it is the best yoga video I've ever used, pregnant or not. Sometimes I use it when I'm not pregnant. It's made to massage a woman's body in all the achy places.
Raehan~Though you are very rarely not pregnant it seems. ;~)
Actually, no, I haven't seen "Once" I'll ask my husband if he has...I bet he has...he's seen almost every movie...
Haha. Yeah. I think that would be appropriate. But ad astra per aspera is my motto. "To the stars through difficulty." Amazing how those words sum up my life.
Excellent. I shall go find the piece and practice. I have an Orchestra audition at the end of the month. And my musical idol-Michael McClelland. Who was the principal violist for the LA Philharmonic orchestra one year and he wrote a story in a Chicken Soup book...
Autumn Faith~Your motto is perfect for you! Is it from Virgil?
The second track on the "Once" soundtrack is my favorite and I love the corresponding scene in the movie. The actors are played by real musicians.
I shall check out Michael McClelland immediately.
Your blog is intriguing, delightful and open. You are a fine writer. Autumn. I was blogging before blogging was cool and am trying desperately to quit. Thanks for making that more difficult! ;~)
Hello, Miss Babette,
Long time, no hear.
I know they wouldn't be Spartans unless they broke your heart . . . but Northwestern??!! Since I'm on vacation next week, I'll have to ship out extra matches early. Enough to carry you through November 3rd (I'll include extra for that date).
The quotes fits me to a 'T'.
Aw. Don't quit. ;) I had a TeenOpenDiary when I was 12 until I was 15...the three most difficult years of my life...I find being honest because not many people I know have a Blogspot Blog is therapy. Haha. Alas, if I ever head West I'll try to find you and you can teach me yoga and we shall play a duet-it would be excellent. :)
MY son is trying to type with me too, makes it difficult to comment.
sadly, I do not own a pair of opera glasses-alas, I shall get some.
:)
Beetle-Headed means dull, stupid. It's elizabethan. Haha. One of the many things I've learned. ;)
There is nothing beetle-headed about you in the slightest, Autumn! You are the cleverest of girls, indeed!
Aw, you're so nice :]
Nah, it wasn't the famous "deer chili" that we ate, it was hamburger. Regular ole' cow.
Oh, wow..so relaxing to watch!!
Ok, I'm so relaxed, I'm ready to go to sleep now.
In our travels last week, strangers we met from all over expressed their concern for my Michigan Wolverine football team. When I encountered a woman wearing a Michigan Wolverine sweatshirt in southern Ohio, ironically not far from Columbus, I asked her if she was from Michigan. She said no; she just liked the school(!) Then in a southern drawl she said that she knew that Michigan would turn it around this season. Wow, it almost brought tears to my eyes to hear her say that.
I've come to realize that the maize 'n blue, like the Yankees in baseball or the Cowboys in football, is truly America's team. We all have a little wolverine in us. Embrace that inner wolverine, Bonnie. Go blue.
Oh, uh, good luck this weekend. Big game.
Ha, how are you doing, Miss Bonnie? I'm pretty good. Just been relaxing and taking it easy. I'll have to go pick up a yoga video then...it should make me feel better-especially if you guarantee it.
You are preparing for a Martin Luther Day....or something like that? No?
I seem to remember something about potato panckakes, or do I have it completely wrong?
How come no pictures of Spartans in those paintings on your other blog? Are we losing faith finally? And right before the big game?
Bonnie, Vicki was sure you would be writing something today. How come she doesn't know you any better than that? Or are you inspired?
I'm reminded of a song my father used to sing when I was a kid . . . "It's crying time again." Think it's a Ray Charles number. It was an exciting game, though.
Just think of where we Wolverines would be had we not started off on the wrong foot with a humiliating loss to a Division 2 school. Don't let that happen to your MSU b-ball team there.
Oh, wait . . .
Bonnie,
Glad to see you're back! Yay! I can now continue writing and know that you'll comment my entries. Yay! I missed reading your comments. Haha. I'm finding myself enjoying your company via commentation.
-Autumn Faith
I'm so sorry your team lost to thoes Wolverines yesterday. The Penn State crowd was pulling for them, but then in two weeks, it will be a different story.
Where's the update, hmmm?
Haha. I laughed when I read that comment you left. It made me smile. I finally got your letter all written and in an envelope but now we're out of stamps-isn't that my luck?
I just saw that your other "Artwork" display page was called Chiaroscuro. Haha. Oddly enough, that's the name of the Marching Band Show I would've taken part in if I hadn't of been forced to quit my senior year. *mumbles about judgemental people*
I was the only person who could actually pronounce that word too...everyone else had to have it phoenetically (sp?!) spelled out. (Key-arrow-scure-oh) It was sad.
I have never heard of matzoh ball soup...but it sounds good. haha. :)
I'll rest well. Hopefully.
Peter Gabriel-Book of Love
Sia-Breathe Me
The Weepies-The World Spins Madly On
I found the Peter Gabriel Song while watching a movie with Richard Greer & Jennifer Lopez in it-the Sia song I found whilst on Postsecret, and The Weepies song is from the movie "Because I Said So"...haha.
Congrats on the win. Bowl eligible now. Good, my Central Michigan Chippewas need a worthy bowl opponent (but someone they can beat).
Hea, anything you can do to keep Hasselbeck's stats down on Monday I'd greatly appreciate. Fantasy football stuff. If I win, I'll fly something green somewhere next Saturday.
Good game, Spartans. *sniff*
I was thinking about you yesterday as I watched Penn State give that game to you all. After having seen some of your scores throughout the season, I did indeed fear for the Lions, who sometimes are cowardly. Congratulations to you. I asked my friend who she was pulling for in the OSU-Michigan game. She said she was not really for either team, but she was for whoever would beat Michigan.
I think I'm going to move my loyalties back to Florida teams. Actually, being a native Floridian, a rara avis, I should be cheering them on anyway.
If it took a MSU victory over PSU for me to hear from you, it was worth it.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your's there. I'll bet you're thankful that Lloyd left. He was, what, something like 100-1 against your beloved Spartans.
Merry Christmas to you and your family,
Wishing you and your family a joyous Christmas, Bonnie.
(Did Seattle really get a Christmas snow? We're enjoying sun and warmth in Houston, but I would have loved to have a white Christmas.)
A joyous and peaceful Christmas season to you and yours and a bright and wonderful New Year!!
PS: Come back!
Hope you and your's had the happiest of holidays there. I suspect it does end tonight though when your beloved Spartans play their bowl game. I'll put partisanship aside and cheer on my little brothers this one time. Go green, go white!
Guess my cheering didn't help your guys. It was up to my Wolverines to be the pride of the state of Michigan once more. And now the Rodriguez era begins.
God, who made thee mighty,
Make thee mightier yet
God, who made thee mighty,
Make thee mightier yet.
You know the tune.
I'm taking my first yoga class in 25 years tonight, Bonnie... which, of course, has me thinking of you. Hope all's well over on your side of the lake.
Bonnie dear, how are you?
I like to stop by every now and then just to see that you are holding your space in the neighborhood. Property appreciates over time, you know, although it could be a while in today's market. Hang On, Little Tomato! Think I'll go see the ever faithful Big Dave and say hello
It's "ever faithful Big Dave" again. Isn't ironic that your friends and well-wishers have gradually faded away here yet this arch-nemesis Wolverine remains?
Anyway, trying to figure out whether your latest comment "If life gives you losses, get out the matches!" is an invitation for me to commit insurance fraud or just a slap against my woeful U of M b-ball team this season.
Hello, my dear,
I think of you often. One of my absolute favorite posts of yours was the one that you posted on the day that everyone was remembering those who perished on 9/11. You posted "Be Still My Soul" and that was such a comfort that day.
Last week I attended a Gaither concert, and they sang a song with the tune of "Finlandia." I think you would appreciate the words there.
Come visit.
What a delightful sight to my eyes when I checked my e-mail and saw that you had been by.
I'm spending a wonderful few weeks with Ella. I'm so glad that I'm able to see her often and long! She is so much fun, learning something new every day.
When autumn faith started commenting on your blog, I wondered who on earth this girl was, then I went to Jane's and read the particular blog where she talked about the decisions that she had made and was doing the right thing.
You are a wonderful mentor for her. My warmest regards to you, and a blessed Easter to. He is risen, He is risen, indeed!
Awww... Ms. Bonnie, your passionate comments about yoga on Mary's blog drove me to seek you out and I find you do not write here anymore... :(
Is there somewhere else that you do hang out???
*sighs*
Congrats on your Spartans making the tourney AGAIN. Though I don't know how far they will go. As my son said after MSU lost to Wisconsin this past weekend, "With Michigan State, no lead they have is safe."
Still, wish my favs would go SOMEWHERE! *sigh*
waiting patiently...
How does your garden grow?
Just wanted to stop by and say a happy Mother's Day to the mom with the most (kids of anyone I know).
Also wanted to mention something you may not know if you don't watch TV. Jeopardy had its college tournament this week and two if its first-round winners and now semi-finalists were from the University of Michigan AND from Michigan State.
Mothers raise 'em smart in Michigan, regardless of where they go after that.
Happy Mother's Day.
Happy Mother's Day, Babette.
And yes, I called my mother. ;-)
I do so enjoy reading your posts (comments) at Vicki's place, particularly about football. Michigan is not having too much fun this year, huh.
Go, Penn State! My Ella is two now and very healthy, thank the Lord.
I know you're still around because I see your comments at Vicki's place.
How about that Penn State/Michigan State game!
I wish to you and your family a very blessed Thanksgiving. I know it will be. Any new grandchildren?
Bonnie, so when are you going to start with your beautiful writing again? I saw your comment and in answer to your question... Nyssa is in Reno, Nevada and will be for three years as she works on her doctorate. I believe it is in geography. This combined with her masters in meteorology and the undergrad in English and geology will give her some sort of atmospheric climate expertise. Anyway... Reno is way, way too far from the east coast.
I can't believe it has been that long since you posted this. I remember it as if it were yesterday. Miss you.
Post a Comment