Some things can only be explained from the hidden regions of the heart. Les petits bonheurs are all the little things that make each day a miracle. May I share my feast with you?

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Be still, and know that I am God.~Psalm 46:10


Yoga is the practice of quieting the mind.~Patanjali


Turn that frown upside-down!~Mother


Inhale, and God approaches you. Hold the inhalation, and God remains with you. Exhale, and you approach God. Hold the exhalation, and surrender to God.~Krishnamacharya

Find calm in the midst of chaos. Trust in God's care. Call your mother. Namaste.

14 comments:

Margaret said...

So, are you official now? It's JULY 1st!! My body hurts looking at those poses; I would have some major yoga conditioning to do.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

That last picture? Nobody can do that, so quit monkeying around with the photobucket.

Well, maybe YOU could do it, but nobody else could.

Anonymous said...

This is why I love yoga, and I love you.

Yoga teaches us that our bodies hold so much of our power and that God intended that we be connected to the power of bodies. If only there were more yoga teachers that made their yoga sessions truly sacred. I am finding I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to yoga teachers.

I am so proud of you, Bonnie. Is that you in the handstand?

SO PROUD OF YOU!

I want to give you the biggest hug, friend.

oooo

Anonymous said...

Yikes. That was me. I have trouble logging in properly here.

Raehan

kenju said...

I can't do any of those, but I love this quote:

"Inhale, and God approaches you. Hold the inhalation, and God remains with you. Exhale, and you approach God. Hold the exhalation, and surrender to God."~Krishnamacharya

Anonymous said...

I knew that comment was Raehan even before I saw her "Yikes" comment. And what she said is what I wanted to say. Not that I do yoga. But you always make me want to do yoga. And you always make me want to breathe more deeply and listen more carefully.

BUT COULD YOU PLEASE POST SOMETHING UN-CRYPTIC AND TELL US WHAT YOU ARE UP TO? HMMMM?

Big Dave T said...

Speaking of yoga, here is a good yoga blog I happened to run across.

http://lindasyoga.blogspot.com/

The introductory music is very calming and yoga-inducing, I think.

Now to be fair, you'll have to find me a good site for U of M boosters like myself.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Glad to know you're "quite" done. :D

Anonymous said...

What Raehan said. I have so much admiration for you, going for this teaching certification. And I know that your ability to open your heart and spirit to God is no small part of your journey. This is SO good. Like Raehan, I was thinking that might be you and your back and your hands, knowing that you achieved your handstand. And as Miz Mary says. tell us where you go from here with your new status. How will you spread the calm?

Gail said...

So are you now officially a teacher? Hmmm, I think you have had that calling for a long time my friend. I love the pictures. Are they all of you? Beautiful poses. :~)
*hugs*

Beverly said...

A lovely post, Miss Babette. If we truly believe that verse, our hearts will be at peace, won't they.

Lucy Stern said...

I'm still working on Yoga for dummies....

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Did Krishnawhatchamacallit ever say "Call your mother"? Or is this something Gandhi did?

srp said...

Congratulations on this achievement... and I really mean an achievement! Not in a million years could I get my body into those configurations...... not now, not ever. Amazing!

Oh, I do so love the quotes!

About Me

My photo
I live on a forested mountain with my beloved husband and our large family. Less is more, except where children are concerned. My favorite pastimes are practicing yoga on my side deck, learning how to improvise on the cello, and boating into the Puget Sound with my sweetheart.